TriLoGI is a Windows based PLC simulator that is used for educational training and personal use. This PLC Simulator has a built in editor and offline simulator. "TRiLOGI" is the name of the ladder or ladder+BASIC programming software for the E, H and M-series of PLCs. The are several versions of the software available for the different PLC series.
The new Internet TRiLOGI Version 6.2 runs under Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2000, NT, XP or Vista, making an already highly effective PLC learning tool better than ever!
Powershape is a Free 3D CAD designer program includes wireframe, surface, solid and triangle modeling. There is no limit on models or entities you can save. So if your looking for a free program that can do more then many other free CAD program out there then Powershape CAD designer might be a good choice for you.
Powershape CAD software capabilities & Reviews
- Wireframe modeling
- Surface modeling
- Solid modeling
- Triangle modeling
What are the drawbacks of Powershape 3D CAD Free version:
The PLC Simulator by the Learning Pit is truly a great PLC simulation program (PSIM). Great for teaching yourself how PLC's work and how to write PLC ladder logic. Best of all this PLC simulator software is FREE!
This PLC simulator has several 3D simulations you can write a PLC program for.
- Basic I/O simulator to test out any program on, watch the LED's and activate the PLC inputs.
- Batch mixer PLC simulator
- Conveyor based filling line Simulator
- Traffic light PLC Simulation
We have ProgeCAD CAD software installed on all our computers and has more then enough functionality for the majority of your needs. There are full versions as well for a price with more enhancements and libraries and by there terms the free version should not be used for business purposes.
Below are some of its capabilities of the Freeware CAD version of ProgeCAD.
- Software reads and writes AutoCAD DWG files
- Utilizes industry standard AutoCAD Commands
- AutoCAD Menu, Script, Font Compatibility
- AutoLISP Compatibility!
The "CNC Simulator" from cncsimulator.com is a great piece of software for 2D & 3D machining simulation. Best of all the CNCsimulator is absolutely FREE. WIth this CNC simulator you can simulate both turning and milling machines and applications. It is a perfect tool both learning how to program as well as training!
CNC Simulators capabilities:
- Mill and lathe nc-code simulation.
- 2D and 3D Simulation.
- Built in NC Editor
- Time study capability records machining and program run time.
CADEM's NCnet lite is a great little RS232C software program that we have used ourselves in the past and is a free RS232 program. NCnet lite version works great and has an extensive online help system and documentation.
NCnet lite (free)
- Connect 1 CNC machine through the PC's COM ports.
- Software supports Xon Xoff or RTS DTR protocol.
- NC programs of unlimited size allowed in free version.
- Software has no limitations on the time or number of uses.
- Runs on Windows 2000 / XP only as of 10-19-2009.
CADEM offers both the full version of NCnet in multiple packages based on machine count and is capable of DNC drip feeding. NCnet lite will work for any single machine download applications.
Mach3 is very popular among the Hobby CNC community. Artsoft produces Mach3 software and has been around for some time. This software can be used as a fully functional CNC control or used as a CNC simulator for training, learning or testing CNC programs. This is also a great CNC control simulation software that you can install on your own PC computer. There are a couple tweaks to the configuration that you have to do before you can test it like modify the pinout configuration to bypass the emergency alarm that occurs on install, but that is about it.
Here are some of the basic functions and features of Mach3 from the Mach3 website:
- Converts a standard PC to a fully featured, 6-axis CNC controller
- Allows direct import of DXF, BMP, JPG, and HPGL files through LazyCam
- Visual Gcode display
- Generates Gcode via LazyCam or Wizards
- Fully customizable interface
- Customizable M-Codes and Macros using VBscript
NClink RS232 communication software is Provided free from OneCNC all you need to do is register. Its Fully functional with no limits. NClink also has an NC editor built within the RS232 Program. If you are looking to dripfeed your programs to your CNC machine NClink RS232 is fully capable of it.
You must wait a little for the advertising portion of the software to go through before entering program but Free is Free.
Tera Term Pro is a free RS232 software terminal emulator (communication program) for MS-Windows. It supports VT100 emulation, telnet connection, serial port connection, ethernet and so on. They also offer Tera Term ver. 1.4 for Windows 3.1 for anyone using or needing a RS232 Communications program for older versions of Windows. It appears its only supported for win95 win98 and NT though it seems to function on XP when we tested it. There is no support since its free so use at your own risk.
- Serial ports larger than COM4.
- Baud rate of 14400.
- Macro operator "%".
- Macro: a comment can be placed in any line.
- Pass-through printing directly to a port
- Special options in the setup file "AutoFileRename", "BackWrap", "Beep", "EnableStatusLine", "MaxComPort", "PassThruDelay", "PassThruPort", "PrnConvFF", "RussPrint" and "TitleFormat".
- New [Setup] TCP/IP dialog box.
- History list of hosts.
- New Russian character sets (CP 866 and ISO 8859-5).
- New icons.
- Selecting text in a rectangular region.
- Executing menu commands by user defined keys.
- Tera Term extension interface.